26 mars 2007

Introducing "Lily marlene".


She is german, she is beautiful so I called her "lily marlene".

My BMW 3.18ti is 9 years old now but still in good shape, the engine has run almost 140 000 kms but it "ROOOAAARS !" with the same voice than at the beginning.

Being a BMW owner was an old dream, these cars are extremely well made, durable, strong, comfortable and...expensive !

My car was 3 years old with 75 000 kms in it when I bought it, for the price I could get a small new french car but it's not the same world.

The first thing you notice with a BMW (or a Mercedes) while opening the door is...the weight, they are heavy, thick, built like a tank.
Inside, the silence rules, long distance trips are very easy.

The engine is a 1.9 liter without turbo, 4 cylinders wich delivers 143 horsepower.
It's good enough but since the car is quite heavy, there is sometimes a lack of sensation.
As a former motorcycle rider, I sometimes need a good kick when I accelerate.

By the way, theses cars are a trap, you reach easily 200 kms per hour without noticying it.
Laws are very hard for drivers for a few years (merci Chirac), you have as much chances to go to jail because you rode too fast than attacking a lady in the street.

Built like a tank

Pleasure is reglemented in our politicaly correct societies.

Anyway I love this car and I hope to keep it some more years.

what about you, do you like cars, wich one do you own ?

1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

I did not know that BMW was making combat tank.