12 décembre 2006

At last I got it !

Today I went to a gun dealer to get my new toy, he's located 100 kms from my home but he was the only one who agreed to make the transaction.
In France we must ask to a police officer or a gun dealer to validate a transaction between two guns owner, so the former owner sent the mark 23 by mail.

We spent two awful days though, the postman said he delivered the parcels but the gun dealer told us he hadn"t received anything and postmen often steal guns that are sent to him.

Finally, we discovered the gun dealer's wife received the parcels but forgot to mention it so the gun remained hidden "Behind" the safe for 4 days !

Right now all is ok the HK is in MY safe !

First impressions.

The H&K Mark 23 comes in a well made aluminium case, exterior is black with the red H&K logo.


The gun is huge it's no secret but it's particularly impressive while opening the case:

The grip is not too big for my average sized hands, the distance to reach the trigger is not too long, the single action is smooth and regular however the double action is very hard wich could make it hard for "double taps".
Most of the commands are well located, the slide release is easy to reach, so are the decocking lever and the safety lever.
So far I feel the ambidextrous mag release lever is too far away from the grip and nearly impossible to reach with the thumb even while considerably rotating the gun in the hand.
I think the best way for a quick magazine release is to use the weak hand thumb to lower this lever while reaching for a new mag.
I'll need some training.

I already love this gun, it looks great, has a good grip and a smooth single action trigger, I appreciate the twelve rounds magazines capacity and it's chambered for the 45 acp wich is one of my favourite round.

I should bring my "baby" to the range at the end of the week so stay tuned for more infos.

Have fun.

Manfred.

4 commentaires:

Mr. Completely a dit…

Very nice! They have a great reputation, I'm looking forward to your range report..

Thanks also for doing the post in English for those of us who are "French Impaired" !! Of course, the British think I'm also "English impaired", perhaps the're right....

..... Mr. C.

Manfred a dit…

I've had a hard time writing this review, sometimes words come to my mind sometimes they don't and I was not sure this message meant something.

I'm honored...

Englishs are jealous since Yortown never mind :-)

Anonyme a dit…

Je croyais que Noel c'etait le 25!

En tout cas belle acquisition!

Manfred a dit…

A noël j'achète un Hummer pour aller avec mon mark 23 ! :-)