29 novembre 2007

Steel plate challenge in France.

Leon and myself went to a steel plate challenge last week, in France we call them "fun shoot".
The name is well deserved, shooters are usually friendly and one can hear as many jokes and laughing than gun shots during these events.
This is one of the workshops, we had 3 wide steel plates hidding smaller one behind them.

The goal was to find the fastest way to shoot them, engaging all wide targets then shooting the smaller ones from the beginning or waiting the smallests to appear ?



On this video I used my 45 acp H&K mark 23, it was the first try of three for this stage.




Leon giving a try with his 9mm CZ sp01:



Leon
Uploaded by manfred


There are two differents stages on this workshop, first,shooting smaller plates with any grip.

Second stage shooting the wide targets below but one handed only, Leon mocked me when he heard that and said "too bad you brought your "howitzer" today", he was referring to my Mark 23 of course.

In fact I had less troubles shooting one handed than hitting the smallest plates, I'm sure I missed some of them but the 45acp bullets shaked the metallic build and made them fall.
I definitely hate the mark 23 sights but I still love the old 45 acp cartridge.



I'll post pics and story about "the man to man matches" in my next message.

Stay tuned.

Manfred.

1 commentaire:

Mr. Completely a dit…

It looks like a lot of fun! Wish I could have been there to try shooting it myself.

Maybe someday.............

..... Mr. C.