05 juillet 2007

How do you shoot your handguns ?

A shooter opened a thread on a french forum about our technics with handguns while shooting targets.

Here is an aproximative translation about what I answered:

When I starded I shot off hand.
I used to lift weights all week long to improve my endurance wich I needed badly while shooting my 6 inches barrel python.

Then I had a motorbike crash and my shoulder didn't allow me to shoot one handed anymore, so I used to shoot with both hands but my results never became as good as before.
One day a very skilled shooter taught me the modified weaver stance and corrected my feet position.
Sometimes I put my left hand finger on the trigger guard sometimes I don't, I haven't seen any difference so far.

I tend to shoot to the left with all my guns wich is annoying with fixed sights.
For 3 years now I have trigger finger issue, on a ten shots serie I have one or two bullets away, they are usually too low.
It happens with all my guns even my 22 rimfire.

Since my eyes aren't very good I need wide target sights and a good ambiant light.

Last but not least, a regular training is the key to have regular scores, I think shooting 50 catridges each weeks at least is the key, the more the better.

Aucun commentaire: