15 mai 2012

My personnal view of USA.

Since I am a child I have always been fascinated by this country far away called "USA".
Like everyone here I've been watching many tv series like "airwolf"  or Miami vice, I've seen movies like Rambo or Rocky.
The action, the beauty of the pictures amazed me as well as the music, of course stories were not always very smart and realistic,I don't think many americans have a top secret war helicopter hidden in a mountain and cops probably don't own a ferari car and chase criminals with it.

Nowadays heroes were tough, fought for their countries and were not affraid of guns, and most important bad guys were punished.
During the eighties we had a lefty government here,streets became dangerous, school were becoming battlefields and all excuses were found for the "poor bad guys" who attacked honnest citizens.
So when I came back from school I needed to go back to my imaginary world shown on TV,I wanted to vote for Ronald Reagan,I wanted the punisher to come with me at school and I was sad not being able to watch a football game, not a soccer game on sunday.

For sure I had and I still have a baised view of USA, this marvellous country where law abiding citizens have the right to carry a firearms rather than a social assistant in case of bad encounter.

Later on I discovered two different sides of USA:

-"The cowboy" he's driving a big SUV car with stickers of his favourite nfl team, carrying a gun and being self employed. His brother is in the army, his favourite Tv show is "justified".
His hometown is in the Dixie land or the middle west.

-"The trader", He's working  for a big compagny, wears tie and costume, expensive shiny shoes and carries an Iphone and a blackberry, his favourite TV show is "friends".
He's a New Yorker.

I know most american are between those two "types" but it's the way I feel when I think about american people.

It makes me think about the american civil war between the" good blue jackets" and the" evil enslavers rebels" .
Of course,both sides were fighting for their idea of freedom and history is never as simple, the bad guys against the good ones is for movies or comic books.

I like very much the romantic vision of the good old south, the beautiful cotton fields and the european like colonial mansions inside the big plantations, it's more appealing to me than the big cities of the north and their dirty power steam factories where people are working like robots.

there is no way I would support slavery but there are several way of enslaving people, officialy or not.

I love this song,

Thanks to my american readers, especialy those who joined my blog.

Aucun commentaire: